Sunday, September 16, 2007

209 Elizabeth Street


Wow, it's been over a month since my last post. Is anyone still out there? Drop a comment and let me know your still checking in every now and again.

The SVA figure drawing should be starting up again so I'm looking forward to that. This drawing is of a building in Manhattan located at 209 Elizabeth Street between Prince and Spring. I had intended on going back and spending a bit more time on this one but never got around to it, so here it is as a somewhat incomplete drawing. It's a very cool building and I was hoping to include some interesting history along with my post but the best I could find was this post about it another blog (check out the link to "more photos" for an exterior view of the building). From the old hand-painted sign I could tell it use to be a bakery but now it's some sort of gallery or antique shop.

Ok, enough talk.
-peter-

No comments: