Sunday, September 16, 2007

Happy Anniversary!!


Oh wow, I didn't notice this as I was posting about 209 Elizabeth Street but this is the one year anniversary of my drawing blog! My first post was on September 16, 2006 and over the past year I've made 133 posts which means there should be at least as many drawings but probably a few more. I had originally intended to post a drawing every day, and I was doing so for the first few months, but eventually I fell off the wagon and never made it back on.

Recently I've been trying to make very complete illustrations which I think has taken a bit of the fun out of drawing so I think for the rest of September I'm going to try to get back into making more drawings but spending less time on each one with the goal of getting closer to a drawing-a-day.

This was a very detailed drawing of LaGuardia airport on the way out of town for my family vacation at South Bass Island in Lake Erie.

-peter-

2 comments:

tps12 said...

Congrats on the anniversary! I really like this drawing, and I am also amused that you post a really awesome drawing of the "big and detailed" variety in the same post where you say you plan on doing less of those. Oh well!

Peter Hamtramck said...

yeah, they just take so much time to make and by the time I'm finished I've used up all of my energy for drawing so I take a super long break. I guess I need a better balance of fast, fun, easy drawings as well as a fair number of longer, more detailed drawings.

Variety is the spice of life.