Friday, August 10, 2007

Rhino

Awhile back I made a drawing of my desk at work and the drawing started with a small sketch of a stuffed rhino on a post-it™ pad. Well I had a slow moment today and I made another drawing of that same rhino, this time with graphite.

I like this one.

Ok, off to the airport. I'm flying home to Michigan to spend time with my family. We'll be heading out to vacation on Put In Bay island in Lake Erie off the coast of Ohio. I'm hoping to make a bunch of drawings so check back in a week or so to see a ton of new stuff (hopefully).

-peter-

2 comments:

tps12 said...

Nice rhino. I think you should do the same thing you did last time with using the Post-It as the starting point for a bigger drawing: just like the 3x3 drawing became a detail in the 11x17 desk drawing, this 8.5x11 will be a detail in a 34x44 masterpiece.

Have a fun vacay!

Peter Hamtramck said...

Maybe I can do some sort of wheatpasted mural or something.

-peter-