Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fall Figure Drawing


I made it to the SVA figure drawing studio today after work for the first time since the new school year. It had been so long since the last time I went that I was really a bit worried and hesitant that I wouldn't be able to draw. The start was a bit rocky but after a few sketches I fell back into a bit of a rhythm and churned out some decent sketches. There are more after the jump but the one above was one of my favorite long poses.


A few two minute poses.


Our first long pose.


Another drawing that I was really happy with.


Overall it was so much fun to be back at figure drawing. All of the crazy regulars were there which is always strangely comforting. After such a fun time drawing I was basically giddy for the rest of the night.

Hope I can make it next week.
-peter-

2 comments:

alex eben meyer said...

crap. i missed it last night. world series + phillies got in the way of figs. hope to see you next week.

Peter Hamtramck said...

Well, the pulled out the win, so no worries. I hope to make it next week as well.

see you then.
-peter-