Friday, September 22, 2006

Self Portrait

This is my first self portrait of the daily drawing project. While I was in college I really enjoyed drawing myself in my daily journal. I would often sit down and make a self portrait after getting home from a party. The pen seems to flow a bit more smoothly after a few drinks. I'm not completely sure how to render my beard with lines. In the past my jawline can be delineated with a single line, framing the face. The beard is difficult to represent with one line so I'm at a bit of a loss.

Oh, this was drawn with a middle grey pen that I picked up while I was on an internship in college. I was living in Shelton Connecticut and working for a company called Pitney Bowes. I think this was in the spring of 2000 and during the three month internship I was spending nearly all of my weekends in New York City. I picked up this pen at Pearl Paint while I was in NYC one weekend. It's amazing that I've held onto this pen for over six years and that I'm able to recall where it came from. I even remember that one of my coworkers recommended the grey color because you could sketch the framework for a design then go over it in black pen to create a cool effect.

I'm happy with this one, there is some good line character.

-peter-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like your drawings

Peter Hamtramck said...

Thanks Song.